Vision for Thetford unveiled
Kathryn Cross Business leaders and residents in Thetford are being given an insight into the potential future for their town which could see it double in size over the next 25 years.
Business leaders and residents in Thetford are being given an insight into the potential future for their town which could see it double in size over the next 25 years.
The Moving Thetford Forward Partnership opens its doors today and tomorrow to the public who will be able to comment on designs and help influence the decisions that will directly affect their town.
Representatives from the business community were invited to a preview event yesterday to find out more about the work the partnership is doing and how it plans to deliver its proposed improvements for the town.
You may also want to watch:
Designs for a new, relocated bus terminal, plans for thousands of new homes, improvements to the town centre and plans for a new academy are among the issues under the spotlight
Visitors will also be able to nominate suggestions for the name of the bus terminal, which is expected to open in the winter of 2011.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 4 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
The open days take place within two weeks of the decision to go ahead with a �7.6m Thetford Enterprise Park, which is set to safeguard and create 1,000 jobs in Thetford.
William Nunn, chairman of the Moving Thetford Forward Board, said: “This is a great opportunity for people in Thetford to find out more about the ongoing improvements in their town and help shape how some projects progress in the coming years.
“It is important that as many businesses and residents as possible understand the work that is going on to bring about changes in Thetford and give their input as to what they want to see happen.”
The Moving Thetford Forward open days will be held at the Carnegie Rooms in Thetford today from 10am-7pm and tomorrow from 10am-4pm. For details, visit the website www.movingthetfordforward.com.