Van crashes into telephone pole as icy conditions hit the region
- Credit: Archant
Police are warning motorists to be alert after a van crashed into a telephone pole in Shropham.
Officers were called to the single vehicle crash on Rocklands Road at 4.43am today, Tuesday, January 21.
The driver, a man in his 30s, suffered minor injuries after crashing into a telephone pole after losing control due to ice on the road.
It comes as temperatures dropped to -4C overnight causing fog and ice across the county.
PC Paula Gilluley said on Twitter: "There is a hard frost out there this morning and it is also very foggy.
"Before setting off on your journey make sure your vehicle is fully de-iced, get your lights on and slow down."
Sgt Chris Harris seconded the need for care.
He said: "He said: "It's about giving yourself more time to make sure the windscreen and windows are completely defrosted and clear - you're not driving a tank.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 'He's done it again!': Bowler's delight after going viral for a second time
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 5 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 6 Delays in west Suffolk town after faulty barrier at railway crossing
- 7 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 8 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 9 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 10 Town centre's new café... with a difference
"It's important to make sure there is enough distance between cars as braking distances increase."