Two men arrested for murder following death of 19-year-old
Shaun Lowthorpe A teenager has died after a doorstep dispute with a group of other youths ended in tragedy.
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a doorstep row with a teenager ended in tragedy.
The 19-year-old victim, who has not been named, was involved in a row at a house at Ely Way on the Abbey Estate in Thetford at 1.55pm on Saturday when he was seriously injured. He staggered and collapsed in the middle of the road where he was treated by paramedics, but later died at West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds.
Police first arrested a 23-year-old man, and later a 19-year-old man both on suspicion of murde.
A 20-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
A post mortem examination was also carried out to determine exactly how the youth died.
- 1 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 2 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 3 More F-35 squadrons to be stationed in Suffolk to boost US presence
- 4 Remarkable life of the Duleep Singhs explored in new exhibition
- 5 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 6 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 7 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 8 What the average Norfolk house price can buy you in the county's towns
- 9 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 10 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
Supt Paul Martin, senior investigating officer, said the row involved two groups of youths.
“It's not gang related, there are two small groups and they are known to each other,” he said. “They have had a dispute and as a consequence there was an altercation which resulted in one of the males receiving injuries, who later died.”