Two men arrested for murder following death of 19-year-old
Shaun Lowthorpe A teenager has died after a doorstep dispute with a group of other youths ended in tragedy.
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a doorstep row with a teenager ended in tragedy.
The 19-year-old victim, who has not been named, was involved in a row at a house at Ely Way on the Abbey Estate in Thetford at 1.55pm on Saturday when he was seriously injured. He staggered and collapsed in the middle of the road where he was treated by paramedics, but later died at West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds.
Police first arrested a 23-year-old man, and later a 19-year-old man both on suspicion of murde.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
A post mortem examination was also carried out to determine exactly how the youth died.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 5 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 8 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 9 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 10 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
Supt Paul Martin, senior investigating officer, said the row involved two groups of youths.
“It's not gang related, there are two small groups and they are known to each other,” he said. “They have had a dispute and as a consequence there was an altercation which resulted in one of the males receiving injuries, who later died.”