Two men arrested for murder following death of 19-year-old
Shaun Lowthorpe A teenager has died after a doorstep dispute with a group of other youths ended in tragedy.
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a doorstep row with a teenager ended in tragedy.
The 19-year-old victim, who has not been named, was involved in a row at a house at Ely Way on the Abbey Estate in Thetford at 1.55pm on Saturday when he was seriously injured. He staggered and collapsed in the middle of the road where he was treated by paramedics, but later died at West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds.
Police first arrested a 23-year-old man, and later a 19-year-old man both on suspicion of murde.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
A post mortem examination was also carried out to determine exactly how the youth died.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 3 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
Supt Paul Martin, senior investigating officer, said the row involved two groups of youths.
“It's not gang related, there are two small groups and they are known to each other,” he said. “They have had a dispute and as a consequence there was an altercation which resulted in one of the males receiving injuries, who later died.”