Two men arrested for murder following death of 19-year-old
Shaun Lowthorpe A teenager has died after a doorstep dispute with a group of other youths ended in tragedy.
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a doorstep row with a teenager ended in tragedy.
The 19-year-old victim, who has not been named, was involved in a row at a house at Ely Way on the Abbey Estate in Thetford at 1.55pm on Saturday when he was seriously injured. He staggered and collapsed in the middle of the road where he was treated by paramedics, but later died at West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds.
Police first arrested a 23-year-old man, and later a 19-year-old man both on suspicion of murde.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
A post mortem examination was also carried out to determine exactly how the youth died.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 4 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 7 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 8 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 9 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 10 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
Supt Paul Martin, senior investigating officer, said the row involved two groups of youths.
“It's not gang related, there are two small groups and they are known to each other,” he said. “They have had a dispute and as a consequence there was an altercation which resulted in one of the males receiving injuries, who later died.”