‘It was school kick out time’ - drink driver more than three times over the legal limit arrested in a busy Thetford town centre
- Credit: Archant
A driver was arrested for being more than three times over the legal drink-drive limit in a town centre as children were leaving school.
They were arrested in Thetford on Friday afternoon which officers said was “busy” and during “school kick out time”.
In custody they were found to have 118 and 120 microgrammes (ugs) per 100 millilitres of breath, above the limit of 35ugs per 100mm of breath.
A drink driver was also arrested in Gaywood, near King’s Lynn, during the early hours of Saturday morning.
He blew 73 ugs.
You may also want to watch:
King’s Lynn police tweeted: “He pleaded we let him off and stated he would lose his job delivering parcels for a well known online shopping company if he gets banned!”
- 1 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 8 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 Suffolk serviceman named among America's top 12 airmen