TV impressionist's Thetford film date
TV impressionist Jon Culshaw was in Thetford on Thursday filming for the forthcoming TV tribute to Dad's Army which is to be hosted by Jonathan Ross. The programme is an affectionate tribute to the series which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year.
TV impressionist Jon Culshaw was in Thetford on Thursday filming for the forthcoming TV tribute to Dad's Army which is to be hosted by Jonathan Ross.
The programme is an affectionate tribute to the series which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year. Due to be broadcast on August 3, it will have footage of many Thetford scenes and Jon Culshaw was in town filming links at the many locations used and talking to local people involved with the show.
Filming featured the Guildhall, Old Bury Road, Mill Lane and the Bingo Hall (formerly the old Palace Cinema). The nearby Gorse Industrial Estate was also visited.
Thetford's own 40th anniversary celebration is gaining momentum with evening in the Guildhall on Saturday, July 26 already a sell out and the main event on Sunday, July 27 attracting an ever growing list of exhibitors and attractions.
The event is to be centred on the Market Place and School Lane car parks in the town with the town's three museums open. A number of re-enactment societies are attending and vehicles featured in the series will be present.
The Dad's Army Appreciation Society will be giving a tour of some of the locations outside the town and the surviving cast members and writers have been invited. A band will be playing on the Market Place during the day and the afternoon will culminate with Jill Daniels performing her 1940s show The Hits of the Blitz.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 8 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
Anyone interested in supporting the event should contact the event co-ordinator Corinne Fulford on 07802701911.
We have been asked to point out that Stuart Wright is not a member of the Moving Thetford Forward Board but a member of the Moving Thetford Forward Officer Group.