Tributes to Thetford teenager killed in street row
Shaun LowthorpeThe family of a 19-year-old who died after a doorstep row in Thetford today paid tribute to the teenager.Shaun Lowthorpe
The family of a 19-year-old who died after a doorstep row in Thetford today paid tribute to the teenager.
Anthony Adams, died after an altercation involving two groups outside a house in Ely Way, Thetford at around 1.55pm on Saturday.
It is believed he was seriously injured after the row and staggered in to the road where he collapsed.
Paramedics treated him at the scene but he died later in the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
Police, who have made three arrests in connection with the incident, today formally identified the teenager, who lived in Norwich Road Thetford.
The results of a post mortem examination have yet to be released, but it is believed he was stabbed.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 3 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
The statement said: 'Anthony's tragic death has totally devastated the whole family and he will be sadly missed by everyone who knew and loved him. Anthony, known as Ant, was a well liked young man in the local area and this terrible loss will be deeply felt across the communities of both Feltwell and Thetford.'
The stabbing took place in broad daylight and it is believed that because of the hot weather many people would have been outside at the time and could have seen and heard what happened.
Detectives are currently questioning a 23-year-old and 19-year-old man on suspicion of murder. A 20-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
Supt Paul Martin, senior investigating officer, stressed the incident was an isolated dispute and not gang related.
'There's no danger to other members of the public,' he said. 'There were a large number of people who witnessed this. Anyone who has any information should contact the police.'