New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- Credit: Friends of Thetford Forest
A new wheelchair transporter bike to help users explore Thetford Forest has been launched.
Friends of Thetford Forest have purchased a wheelchair transporter bike which will enable wheelchair users to enjoy the forest at High Lodge with their families and friends.
This transporter bike allows wheelchair users to remain in their own chair while another person pedals but benefits from the bike being motor assisted.
The transporter bike can be hired from Bike Art at High Lodge.
Megan Bradsworth, High Lodge manager, has said: "I’m delighted that funding from the Local Connections Fund has been secured and due to the generosity and commitment of FOTF we will be able to offer the freedom of the forest to so many more visitors.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a pleasure to be part of the launch of the transporter bike and to finally see everybody’s hard work come to fruition.”
Forestry England has also constructed eight new surfaced parking bays for disabled visitors to High Lodge.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 6 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 10 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic