Driver suffers serious injuries following collision near Lakenheath
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A driver has been taken to hospital with serious injuries following a collision near Lakenheath.
Suffolk Police is on the scene of the single vehicle crash at Burnt Fen on the A1101.
Officers were called to the scene at 1.10pm on Sunday and the road remains closed while investigations are carried out.
A police spokesman said: "The driver of the vehicle involved has been taken to Addenbrooke's hospital with serious injuries."
Drivers are advised to find alternative routes while the road is closed.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 171 of Sunday 29 August.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 5 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 6 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 7 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 10 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash