21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- Credit: Google Maps
The air ambulance was called yesterday after a BMW left the road and crashed into trees near Lakenheath.
Police were called to the scene of the crash on the A1065 in Eriswell to reports of a single vehicle crash just before 5am yesterday, Sunday, October 17.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "The silver BMW travelling towards Brandon on Brandon Road left the road and collided with trees."
A spokesman for the East of England Air Ambulance said: "Doctor Nicola Ebbs and Critical Care Paramedic Nigel Strange gave the patient a full assessment and provided enhanced pre-hospital care, including sedating the patient, assisting with his breathing and roadside surgical procedures."
The 21-year-old man was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, by land ambulance, for further treatment.
Anyone with any information or anyone who was driving in the area and saw the incident or who has dashcam footage is being asked to contact Suffolk Constabulary’s Roads and Armed Policing Team quoting CAD 59.
- 1 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 2 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 8 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Catalytic converters stolen from three cars in Mildenhall in one night