A1066 to close for five more nights
- Credit: Archant
A main road where major resurfacing work has been taking place is to close for five further nights.
Efforts to replace the worn-out road surface on a section of the A1066 at Brettenham, near Thetford, are nearing completion.
To minimise disruption, work has been taking place overnight and during weekends on the A1066 from where it meets the Hurth Way roundabout to 200 metres east of the junction with Lodge Lane/West Harling Road.
However, due to poor weather, work did not take place on the weekends of October 3-4 and October 31 - November 1, affecting the project's progress.
The delay means a further week of overnight closures, from Monday, November 30 to Friday, December 4, from 7pm to 6am each night.
The road will remain open as usual at all other times with a 20mph speed restriction in place for safety reasons.
You may also want to watch:
Access to businesses and properties within the road closure area will be maintained.
For the latest travel information, visit the EDP's live traffic map.
- 1 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 2 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 3 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 4 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 5 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 6 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 7 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter