‘Too early’ to link burglaries at two cafes which happened within days
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Police have said it is too early to link two similar break-ins at cafes on industrial estates.
Mr Pat’s Diner and L’s Kitchen in Thetford were both targeted by thieves over the last few days.
Mr Pat’s, on Howlett Way, suffered a damaged door and electricity box and had cash stolen from the tills after a burglary which took place at some point between 5.30pm on Saturday, January 26 and 5.20am on Monday, January 28, police said.
Police confirmed L’s Kitchen, on Burrell Way, was also burgled overnight on Thursday, January 29, with reports of a small amount of cash being stolen and staff reporting damage to a metal gate and the back door.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: “We were called at around 7am this morning to reports of a burglary on Burrell Way.
You may also want to watch:
“It is too early to say whether it is connected to the burglary that took place earlier.”
Anyone with information about the incidents should contact Norfolk Police on 101.
- 1 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 2 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 3 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 9 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 10 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate