‘Too early’ to link burglaries at two cafes which happened within days
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Police have said it is too early to link two similar break-ins at cafes on industrial estates.
Mr Pat’s Diner and L’s Kitchen in Thetford were both targeted by thieves over the last few days.
Mr Pat’s, on Howlett Way, suffered a damaged door and electricity box and had cash stolen from the tills after a burglary which took place at some point between 5.30pm on Saturday, January 26 and 5.20am on Monday, January 28, police said.
Police confirmed L’s Kitchen, on Burrell Way, was also burgled overnight on Thursday, January 29, with reports of a small amount of cash being stolen and staff reporting damage to a metal gate and the back door.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: “We were called at around 7am this morning to reports of a burglary on Burrell Way.
You may also want to watch:
“It is too early to say whether it is connected to the burglary that took place earlier.”
Anyone with information about the incidents should contact Norfolk Police on 101.
- 1 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 6 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 7 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider