TNT dynamite to work for - official!
THETFORD business-to-business express delivery company TNT has maintained its position as one of the best companies in Britain to work for.The firm, based at Howlett Way on the Fisons Way industrial estate, features in a line-up of the finest employers in the land in a new book that highlights best practice in human resources management.
THETFORD business-to-business express delivery company TNT has maintained its position as one of the best companies in Britain to work for.
The firm, based at Howlett Way on the Fisons Way industrial estate, features in a line-up of the finest employers in the land in a new book that highlights best practice in human resources management.
The book, entitled Britain's Top Employers 2008, published last week, follows months of assessments by global independent research experts the Corporate Research Foundation (CRF).
TNT ranks alongside some of the leading brands in Britain's business world including household names such as Cadbury Schweppes, Innocent, Asda and the John Lewis Partnership.
You may also want to watch:
TNT also received a special award from CRF for sustained human resources excellence.
The judging panel rated each company on pay and benefits; career development; leadership; company culture and style; knowledge management; employee relations; recruitment strategies; diversity and corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 4 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 9 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 10 Four men to appear in court charged with shooting incident
Mike Brooks, Thetford depot general manager, said: “This book is independent recognition of our forward-thinking approach we have to our people and how we always strive to be the best employer to work for.
“It's a fantastic achievement to know employees here at Thetford think we're such a decent firm to be with.
“Our employees are, and always will be, our greatest asset and it is their talent and commitment to excellence that makes us the best in the business.”
The authors of the book wrote: “The company is led from the front by managing director Tom Bell. He has been with TNT in the UK since day one when the business had just 500 employees, eventually landing the top job as MD in the late 1990s.
“Bell has overseen enormous growth (currently eight pc per year compared with the overall express market's four pc), and the increase of turnover and profits every year.
“Bell is clear that a key part of this is down to his staff.”
Some of TNT s achievements in the past 12 months in Britain s Top Employers 2008 include delivering more than 20,000 training days through over 100 different courses, and distributing more than £150,000 of vouchers since the employee reward and recognition scheme Delivering More started.