Charity cycle ride raises thousands for Norfolk charities
- Credit: Archant
A charity cycle has raised almost £4,000 for Norfolk charities.
TJ Motorsport’s Charity Cycle Snetterton evening raised £3,955 for EACH’s The Nook Appeal, NARS (Norfolk Accident Rescue Service), and The Benjamin Foundation.
Around 370 cyclists of all ages and abilities took part in the event lapping the three mile circuit as many times as possible on the evening of Friday, September 28, for two and a half hours.
Riders paid a £10 entry fee with children under five getting in for free.
All of charities involved are based in Norfolk and Suffolk. The Benjamin Foundation delivers community work in areas such as homelessness, childcare and abuse, while The Nook Appeal aims to build a new children’s hospice in Framingham Earl. NARS assists the ambulance service in the management of sick patients through a group of volunteer doctors and paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
Previous rides have raised more than £35,000.
- 1 7 of the best indoor activities in Norfolk
- 2 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 Flood-torn community 'in fear' every time it rains
- 6 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 7 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 8 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 9 Norfolk police ready extra officers for delayed Covid 'Freedom Day'
- 10 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle