Is this dangerous? Debate over video of three youngsters riding bike in busy road
- Credit: Archant
A video of three youngsters “wobbling all over the road” while they share one bicycle has sparked a safety debate.
The video, posted on Facebook, shows the youngsters riding down Bury Road, in Thetford, before crossing into the on-coming lane.
It sparked a debate in the comments with some highlighting the dangers of riding on the road and others arguing that it was safe and the youngsters knew what they were doing.
One said: "They are a nuisance and do not realise how dangerous this is."
"Only a matter of time, until one of these kids gets hit and killed," another added, "then, sadly, when it's too late, the police will finally do something about it."
You may also want to watch:
Another person argued: "What idiots, why do it on the road? It takes a second for them to be killed by a car. I get they are kids but have sense, not on the road."
Some commenters were more lighthearted.
- 1 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 2 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 3 How 'inadequate' school is making strides towards 'bright future'
- 4 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
One posted: "They weren't wobbling all over the road they were heading to the drop kerb and the lad on the back was letting him know he could go across."
"We were all young once," another added.