Is this dangerous? Debate over video of three youngsters riding bike in busy road
- Credit: Archant
A video of three youngsters “wobbling all over the road” while they share one bicycle has sparked a safety debate.
The video, posted on Facebook, shows the youngsters riding down Bury Road, in Thetford, before crossing into the on-coming lane.
It sparked a debate in the comments with some highlighting the dangers of riding on the road and others arguing that it was safe and the youngsters knew what they were doing.
One said: "They are a nuisance and do not realise how dangerous this is."
"Only a matter of time, until one of these kids gets hit and killed," another added, "then, sadly, when it's too late, the police will finally do something about it."
Another person argued: "What idiots, why do it on the road? It takes a second for them to be killed by a car. I get they are kids but have sense, not on the road."
Some commenters were more lighthearted.
- 1 7 Norfolk pubs that have reopened with new landlords in 2022
- 2 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 3 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 4 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 5 Appeal for more Suffolk blood donors to prevent stocks running low
- 6 More F-35 squadrons to be stationed in Suffolk to boost US presence
- 7 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 8 Remarkable life of the Duleep Singhs explored in new exhibition
- 9 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
One posted: "They weren't wobbling all over the road they were heading to the drop kerb and the lad on the back was letting him know he could go across."
"We were all young once," another added.