Is this dangerous? Debate over video of three youngsters riding bike in busy road
- Credit: Archant
A video of three youngsters “wobbling all over the road” while they share one bicycle has sparked a safety debate.
The video, posted on Facebook, shows the youngsters riding down Bury Road, in Thetford, before crossing into the on-coming lane.
It sparked a debate in the comments with some highlighting the dangers of riding on the road and others arguing that it was safe and the youngsters knew what they were doing.
One said: "They are a nuisance and do not realise how dangerous this is."
"Only a matter of time, until one of these kids gets hit and killed," another added, "then, sadly, when it's too late, the police will finally do something about it."
You may also want to watch:
Another person argued: "What idiots, why do it on the road? It takes a second for them to be killed by a car. I get they are kids but have sense, not on the road."
Some commenters were more lighthearted.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 5 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 6 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 7 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 8 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 9 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 10 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
One posted: "They weren't wobbling all over the road they were heading to the drop kerb and the lad on the back was letting him know he could go across."
"We were all young once," another added.