Is this dangerous? Debate over video of three youngsters riding bike in busy road
- Credit: Archant
A video of three youngsters “wobbling all over the road” while they share one bicycle has sparked a safety debate.
The video, posted on Facebook, shows the youngsters riding down Bury Road, in Thetford, before crossing into the on-coming lane.
It sparked a debate in the comments with some highlighting the dangers of riding on the road and others arguing that it was safe and the youngsters knew what they were doing.
One said: "They are a nuisance and do not realise how dangerous this is."
"Only a matter of time, until one of these kids gets hit and killed," another added, "then, sadly, when it's too late, the police will finally do something about it."
You may also want to watch:
Another person argued: "What idiots, why do it on the road? It takes a second for them to be killed by a car. I get they are kids but have sense, not on the road."
Some commenters were more lighthearted.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise
One posted: "They weren't wobbling all over the road they were heading to the drop kerb and the lad on the back was letting him know he could go across."
"We were all young once," another added.