Woman raises hundreds for charity in husband’s memory
- Credit: Archant
A tea and cake event organised by a woman in memory of her husband has raised more than £300 for charity.
Dorothy Cant’s husband David was supported by St Nicholas Hospice before his death in 2014.
Last month, Mrs Cant hosted the event at Hanbury Court, in Thetford, which raised £305.
She said: “When David was ill everyone at the hospice was wonderful. Nothing was ever too much trouble. I have raised money for charity before, but this year I decided it really should go to the hospice.”
The money raised will support the charity which cares for those across Thetford and West Suffolk with long-term and life-threatening illnesses.
Miranda McCoy, from the hospice, said: “Without the support of lovely supporters like Dorothy and their willingness to organise and host events for us we could not continue caring for those who need our help most.”
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 5 Thetford-based haulier win national award following industry challenges
- 6 'Everyone is so excited': American sweet shop set to open in Thetford
- 7 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 8 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 9 Burglar jailed and labelled 'despicable' for betraying family who helped him
- 10 Cannabis producer told he could face jail