Santa arrived on floating sleigh at town’s Christmas light switch-on
- Credit: Paul Norris
Families looked to the water as Santa, his reindeer and little helpers arrived on a floating sleigh at a town’s Christmas light switch on.
The Thetford community were treated to a weekend of festivities as the town held its Christmas light switch-on event.
The celebrations kicked off on at 3.30pm on Friday, November 29, when Santa, his reindeer and little helpers all arrived on the river.
The streets were packed as the community came together to enjoy Larry Gray's funfair, festive stalls, Santa's grotto, story telling, entertainment from Zac FM and live music On The Green where they played Disney classics.
Brenda Canham, Mayor of Thetford, said: "Many people in the town have said what a great time their children had.
You may also want to watch:
"On Saturday Santa's grotto was open again and the bell hotel opened its doors to a Christmas craft fair and we finished off on Sunday with a Santa 5k run from the town square.
"Many thanks must go to all those that volunteered including the Grinch who, by the end of the evening, had been persuaded to love Christmas."
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 5 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 6 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 7 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 8 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 9 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 10 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village