Santa arrived on floating sleigh at town’s Christmas light switch-on
- Credit: Paul Norris
Families looked to the water as Santa, his reindeer and little helpers arrived on a floating sleigh at a town’s Christmas light switch on.
The Thetford community were treated to a weekend of festivities as the town held its Christmas light switch-on event.
The celebrations kicked off on at 3.30pm on Friday, November 29, when Santa, his reindeer and little helpers all arrived on the river.
The streets were packed as the community came together to enjoy Larry Gray's funfair, festive stalls, Santa's grotto, story telling, entertainment from Zac FM and live music On The Green where they played Disney classics.
Brenda Canham, Mayor of Thetford, said: "Many people in the town have said what a great time their children had.
"On Saturday Santa's grotto was open again and the bell hotel opened its doors to a Christmas craft fair and we finished off on Sunday with a Santa 5k run from the town square.
"Many thanks must go to all those that volunteered including the Grinch who, by the end of the evening, had been persuaded to love Christmas."
- 1 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 2 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 3 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 4 Pair deny dangerous driving on the A11 in Suffolk
- 5 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 6 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 7 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years