Santa arrived on floating sleigh at town’s Christmas light switch-on
- Credit: Paul Norris
Families looked to the water as Santa, his reindeer and little helpers arrived on a floating sleigh at a town’s Christmas light switch on.
The Thetford community were treated to a weekend of festivities as the town held its Christmas light switch-on event.
The celebrations kicked off on at 3.30pm on Friday, November 29, when Santa, his reindeer and little helpers all arrived on the river.
The streets were packed as the community came together to enjoy Larry Gray's funfair, festive stalls, Santa's grotto, story telling, entertainment from Zac FM and live music On The Green where they played Disney classics.
Brenda Canham, Mayor of Thetford, said: "Many people in the town have said what a great time their children had.
You may also want to watch:
"On Saturday Santa's grotto was open again and the bell hotel opened its doors to a Christmas craft fair and we finished off on Sunday with a Santa 5k run from the town square.
"Many thanks must go to all those that volunteered including the Grinch who, by the end of the evening, had been persuaded to love Christmas."
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 Center Parcs to reopen on April 12 for self-catering guests only
- 3 Man denies causing death by dangerous driving after fatal A143 crash
- 4 Warm winds bring Saharan dust as temperatures soar to 17C
- 5 Dogs Trust releases phone calls of 'heartbroken' owners forced to give up pets
- 6 Norfolk given extra £10m to stop Covid spread in care homes
- 7 Norfolk discount store to take over former Poundstretcher building
- 8 Pub to get major revamp - but needs a landlord first
- 9 Community says final farewell to much-loved Thetford man
- 10 One of Norfolk’s largest academy trusts announces new chief executive