Thetford Wetherspoon to open next week
A new JD Wetherspoon pub set to open in Thetford next week will create 55 jobs in the town.
The company has spent �1.2 million re-developing the Red Lion on the Market Place, which will keep the same name under its new guise.
The new pub, which will open on July 10 and be managed by Nick Haste, will be open from 7am until midnight from Sunday to Thursday and from 7am until 1am on Fridays and Saturdays.
Food will be served until 10pm every day.
Children, accompanied by an adult, will be allowed in the pub until 9pm throughout the week.
You may also want to watch:
As a condition on the licence, both the adult and child (babies and toddlers excepted) must order a meal, if the adult intends to drink alcohol.
The pub will be wheelchair accessible and have a specially-adapted toilet for people with disabilities.
- 1 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 2 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 3 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 4 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 6 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 7 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 8 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 9 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 10 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
The new-look pub will feature one bar, as well as a partially covered beer garden, where smoking will be allowed in a designated area.
Photos, local history and information boards relating to the history and characters of the area will also be displayed in the pub, as well as an abstract timber sculpture of Boudicca by local artist Ben Platts-Mills.