Thetford Wetherspoon to open next week
A new JD Wetherspoon pub set to open in Thetford next week will create 55 jobs in the town.
The company has spent �1.2 million re-developing the Red Lion on the Market Place, which will keep the same name under its new guise.
The new pub, which will open on July 10 and be managed by Nick Haste, will be open from 7am until midnight from Sunday to Thursday and from 7am until 1am on Fridays and Saturdays.
Food will be served until 10pm every day.
Children, accompanied by an adult, will be allowed in the pub until 9pm throughout the week.
You may also want to watch:
As a condition on the licence, both the adult and child (babies and toddlers excepted) must order a meal, if the adult intends to drink alcohol.
The pub will be wheelchair accessible and have a specially-adapted toilet for people with disabilities.
- 1 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 2 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 3 How 'inadequate' school is making strides towards 'bright future'
- 4 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
The new-look pub will feature one bar, as well as a partially covered beer garden, where smoking will be allowed in a designated area.
Photos, local history and information boards relating to the history and characters of the area will also be displayed in the pub, as well as an abstract timber sculpture of Boudicca by local artist Ben Platts-Mills.