Matt Morton is the new manager of Thetford Town
- Credit: Archant
Matt Morton is the new manager of Thetford Town following talks with club chairman Nigel Armes.
He joined the club as a player in the summer of 2017 and has served as player-coach since the beginning of the season.
Morton replaces Danny White, whose near four year reign came to an end this week, and will be assisted by new club head coach Craig Bobby, who will undertake a broad coaching role encompassing the club's senior team as well as junior teams.
Jay Dennis, assistant manager under White, will remain on, at least in the short term, to aid the transition and club coach Todd Rae will retain his role.
Although this is Morton's first route into senior football management, he has been chairman and manager of the successful Bury St Edmunds based Sunday League team Gym United for many years. His first game in charge will be a return to his previous club Walsham-Le-Willows on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Town are currently bottom of the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division having lost 10 games out of 11.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 8 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford