Five properties in Thetford, including town council, affected by power cut
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
Power to five properties in, including the town council, has been restored.
A power cut caused properties on King Street to lose power at around 8.30am, including King’s House which is home to Thetford Town Council.
The council had to close its doors.
The power was restored at 10.30am.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “UK Power Networks engineers worked quickly and safely to restore electricity supplies to five customers in the King’s Street area of Thetford following a fault on a piece of equipment just after 8.30am today.
You may also want to watch:
“We understand how difficult it is to be without power and apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 3 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 4 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier