Town launches citizens award for those who ‘genuinely care’
- Credit: Archant
A town has launched a citizen’s award to shine a light on the work of its unsung heroes.
Thetford Town Council has launched its Citizen and Junior Citizen Award, which will become an annual celebration of those in the community who make the town a better place to live.
Nominations for the award will be submitted by residents of the town and will be chosen by members of the council.
Jane James, councillor, said: "There are so many people in Thetford who constantly give so much of their time to organise, support and deliver a wealth of projects and events.
"Those people do it, not seeking recognition, but because they genuinely care and love our town, and our community is richer for their efforts."
Nominations must be submitted by March 2.
Forms can be completed at the council's offices at The Carnegie, Cage Lane, or on its website www.thetfordtowncouncil.gov.uk
- 1 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 2 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 3 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 4 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout