Town launches citizens award for those who ‘genuinely care’
- Credit: Archant
A town has launched a citizen’s award to shine a light on the work of its unsung heroes.
Thetford Town Council has launched its Citizen and Junior Citizen Award, which will become an annual celebration of those in the community who make the town a better place to live.
Nominations for the award will be submitted by residents of the town and will be chosen by members of the council.
Jane James, councillor, said: "There are so many people in Thetford who constantly give so much of their time to organise, support and deliver a wealth of projects and events.
"Those people do it, not seeking recognition, but because they genuinely care and love our town, and our community is richer for their efforts."
You may also want to watch:
Nominations must be submitted by March 2.
Forms can be completed at the council's offices at The Carnegie, Cage Lane, or on its website www.thetfordtowncouncil.gov.uk
- 1 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 2 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 3 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 4 UEA expert in infectious diseases expects delay to 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Drunk inmate threatened to stab prison officer
- 6 Road reopens after crash between car and lorry
- 7 New date for trial of five accused of Thetford murder
- 8 New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- 9 Task force to assess future developments of West Suffolk's markets
- 10 Man, 18, arrested in connection with serious sexual assault