Three-day closure at town centre car park for lighting upgrades
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A car park in a busy town centre is to be closed for three days so that its lighting can be upgraded.
The car park in The Link, Thetford, which is run by Breckland Council, will shut on Monday, March 19 and reopen on Thursday, March 22.
Paul Claussen, Breckland Council’s executive member for place, said: “While I appreciate that the essential improvement works may cause temporary inconvenience for some residents, it is vital that Breckland car parks are kept in good repair, not least because this helps to support local businesses.”
Thetford Town Council and nearby businesses were given advance warning of the closure.
Signs have been put up at the car park entrance to provide advanced warning for regular users.
The planned works are subject to favourable weather conditions and adverse weather conditions during the closure periods may cause some extensions to the planned times.
All other car parks in the town will remain open as usual.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 3 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 4 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 5 Thetford-based haulier win national award following industry challenges
- 6 'Everyone is so excited': American sweet shop set to open in Thetford
- 7 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 8 Burglar jailed and labelled 'despicable' for betraying family who helped him
- 9 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 10 Cannabis producer told he could face jail
A full list of all car parks run by Breckland Council in the town is available at www.breckland.gov.uk/carparks
The council also recently completed improvement works to the upper and lower St Giles Car Park in Thetford and Kittel Close Car Park in Watton, which included re-lining the parking bays and road markings.