Three-day closure at town centre car park for lighting upgrades
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A car park in a busy town centre is to be closed for three days so that its lighting can be upgraded.
The car park in The Link, Thetford, which is run by Breckland Council, will shut on Monday, March 19 and reopen on Thursday, March 22.
Paul Claussen, Breckland Council’s executive member for place, said: “While I appreciate that the essential improvement works may cause temporary inconvenience for some residents, it is vital that Breckland car parks are kept in good repair, not least because this helps to support local businesses.”
Thetford Town Council and nearby businesses were given advance warning of the closure.
Signs have been put up at the car park entrance to provide advanced warning for regular users.
The planned works are subject to favourable weather conditions and adverse weather conditions during the closure periods may cause some extensions to the planned times.
All other car parks in the town will remain open as usual.
- 1 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 2 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 3 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 4 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 9 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
A full list of all car parks run by Breckland Council in the town is available at www.breckland.gov.uk/carparks
The council also recently completed improvement works to the upper and lower St Giles Car Park in Thetford and Kittel Close Car Park in Watton, which included re-lining the parking bays and road markings.