Three-day closure at town centre car park for lighting upgrades
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A car park in a busy town centre is to be closed for three days so that its lighting can be upgraded.
The car park in The Link, Thetford, which is run by Breckland Council, will shut on Monday, March 19 and reopen on Thursday, March 22.
Paul Claussen, Breckland Council’s executive member for place, said: “While I appreciate that the essential improvement works may cause temporary inconvenience for some residents, it is vital that Breckland car parks are kept in good repair, not least because this helps to support local businesses.”
Thetford Town Council and nearby businesses were given advance warning of the closure.
Signs have been put up at the car park entrance to provide advanced warning for regular users.
You may also want to watch:
The planned works are subject to favourable weather conditions and adverse weather conditions during the closure periods may cause some extensions to the planned times.
All other car parks in the town will remain open as usual.
- 1 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 2 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 5 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 6 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
A full list of all car parks run by Breckland Council in the town is available at www.breckland.gov.uk/carparks
The council also recently completed improvement works to the upper and lower St Giles Car Park in Thetford and Kittel Close Car Park in Watton, which included re-lining the parking bays and road markings.