Three-day closure at town centre car park for lighting upgrades
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A car park in a busy town centre is to be closed for three days so that its lighting can be upgraded.
The car park in The Link, Thetford, which is run by Breckland Council, will shut on Monday, March 19 and reopen on Thursday, March 22.
Paul Claussen, Breckland Council’s executive member for place, said: “While I appreciate that the essential improvement works may cause temporary inconvenience for some residents, it is vital that Breckland car parks are kept in good repair, not least because this helps to support local businesses.”
Thetford Town Council and nearby businesses were given advance warning of the closure.
Signs have been put up at the car park entrance to provide advanced warning for regular users.
You may also want to watch:
The planned works are subject to favourable weather conditions and adverse weather conditions during the closure periods may cause some extensions to the planned times.
All other car parks in the town will remain open as usual.
- 1 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 2 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 3 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 4 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 5 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 6 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 7 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 10 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
A full list of all car parks run by Breckland Council in the town is available at www.breckland.gov.uk/carparks
The council also recently completed improvement works to the upper and lower St Giles Car Park in Thetford and Kittel Close Car Park in Watton, which included re-lining the parking bays and road markings.