Thetford teenager found guilty of murder
A Thetford teenager was convicted of murder this afternoon (Friday) after stabbing his friend to death during a row over stolen drugs.
Ryan Bowers, 19, of Ely Way, Thetford, stabbed Anthony Adams, 19, of Norwich Road, Thetford, in the heart and liver with two small knives in June last year.
The jury of seven women and four men heard how Bowers had burgled Mr Adam’s home and stolen three ounces of cannabis.
Mr Adams later found his back door broken and the drugs missing and threatened Bowers with a rounders bat.
Mr Adams was stabbed three times and later died in West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds.
Bowers denied murder, saying he never intended to kill his friend – only to scare him off
The defendant’s girlfriend Sharna Langston, 20, was also convicted today at Norwich Crown Court for assisting an offender after she hid the knife used to kill Mr Adams.
- 1 Powerhouses showcase their strength in new competition
- 2 19th century buildings could return to original use as homes
- 3 Town to host free outdoor screening of Encanto with street food stalls
- 4 Council fighting not to have to publish details of golf club talks
- 5 Cable underneath Thetford could power 5,000-home development
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 8 How to deal with probate when someone dies without a will
- 9 Could you help to monitor standards inside this Norfolk prison?
- 10 Four-day extreme heat weather warning for Norfolk issued by Met Office
Sentencing of Bowers was adjourned until Wednesday. Langston will be sentenced by February 8.
For the full story and an in depth look at some of the issues raised by the case, see Wednesday’s Times.