Thetford teenager found guilty of murder
A Thetford teenager was convicted of murder this afternoon (Friday) after stabbing his friend to death during a row over stolen drugs.
Ryan Bowers, 19, of Ely Way, Thetford, stabbed Anthony Adams, 19, of Norwich Road, Thetford, in the heart and liver with two small knives in June last year.
The jury of seven women and four men heard how Bowers had burgled Mr Adam’s home and stolen three ounces of cannabis.
Mr Adams later found his back door broken and the drugs missing and threatened Bowers with a rounders bat.
Mr Adams was stabbed three times and later died in West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
Bowers denied murder, saying he never intended to kill his friend – only to scare him off
The defendant’s girlfriend Sharna Langston, 20, was also convicted today at Norwich Crown Court for assisting an offender after she hid the knife used to kill Mr Adams.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 8 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
Sentencing of Bowers was adjourned until Wednesday. Langston will be sentenced by February 8.
For the full story and an in depth look at some of the issues raised by the case, see Wednesday’s Times.