Thetford teenager found guilty of murder
A Thetford teenager was convicted of murder this afternoon (Friday) after stabbing his friend to death during a row over stolen drugs.
Ryan Bowers, 19, of Ely Way, Thetford, stabbed Anthony Adams, 19, of Norwich Road, Thetford, in the heart and liver with two small knives in June last year.
The jury of seven women and four men heard how Bowers had burgled Mr Adam’s home and stolen three ounces of cannabis.
Mr Adams later found his back door broken and the drugs missing and threatened Bowers with a rounders bat.
Mr Adams was stabbed three times and later died in West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds.
Bowers denied murder, saying he never intended to kill his friend – only to scare him off
The defendant’s girlfriend Sharna Langston, 20, was also convicted today at Norwich Crown Court for assisting an offender after she hid the knife used to kill Mr Adams.
- 1 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 2 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 3 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 4 Pair deny dangerous driving on the A11 in Suffolk
- 5 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 6 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 7 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford
Sentencing of Bowers was adjourned until Wednesday. Langston will be sentenced by February 8.
For the full story and an in depth look at some of the issues raised by the case, see Wednesday’s Times.