Thetford swimming gala goes from strength to strength
- Credit: Archant
A Breckland swimming gala continues to go from strength to strength as the 20th annual event is held.
The Thetford Lions Club hosted the gala for people with disabilities at Breckland Waterworld, Thetford.
Fifty-five swimmers from Great Yarmouth, Stowmarket, Colchester, Peterborough, Runnymede and Special Olympics Norfolk, took part in the event.
There was a programme of 33 races and five relays which made for an enjoyable and often competitive evening.
All those who took part in the event earlier this month were supported loudly by friends and family watching on the sides.
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor of Thetford Denis Crawford and the Thetford Lions Club vice district governor Mandy Hawksley presented medals.
Three special ‘follow your dream’ medals were given to three young swimmers for endeavour and persistence throughout the gala.
- 1 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 Teeny tiny property for sale for between £10,000-£20,000