Thetford swimming gala goes from strength to strength
- Credit: Archant
A Breckland swimming gala continues to go from strength to strength as the 20th annual event is held.
The Thetford Lions Club hosted the gala for people with disabilities at Breckland Waterworld, Thetford.
Fifty-five swimmers from Great Yarmouth, Stowmarket, Colchester, Peterborough, Runnymede and Special Olympics Norfolk, took part in the event.
There was a programme of 33 races and five relays which made for an enjoyable and often competitive evening.
All those who took part in the event earlier this month were supported loudly by friends and family watching on the sides.
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor of Thetford Denis Crawford and the Thetford Lions Club vice district governor Mandy Hawksley presented medals.
Three special ‘follow your dream’ medals were given to three young swimmers for endeavour and persistence throughout the gala.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 Three people - including two teens - injured in shotgun attack
- 10 'We know who they are' - two thieves raid church foodbank