Thetford swimming gala goes from strength to strength
- Credit: Archant
A Breckland swimming gala continues to go from strength to strength as the 20th annual event is held.
The Thetford Lions Club hosted the gala for people with disabilities at Breckland Waterworld, Thetford.
Fifty-five swimmers from Great Yarmouth, Stowmarket, Colchester, Peterborough, Runnymede and Special Olympics Norfolk, took part in the event.
There was a programme of 33 races and five relays which made for an enjoyable and often competitive evening.
All those who took part in the event earlier this month were supported loudly by friends and family watching on the sides.
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor of Thetford Denis Crawford and the Thetford Lions Club vice district governor Mandy Hawksley presented medals.
Three special ‘follow your dream’ medals were given to three young swimmers for endeavour and persistence throughout the gala.
- 1 7 of the best indoor activities in Norfolk
- 2 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 Flood-torn community 'in fear' every time it rains
- 7 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 8 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 9 Norfolk police ready extra officers for delayed Covid 'Freedom Day'
- 10 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle