Thetford swimming gala goes from strength to strength
- Credit: Archant
A Breckland swimming gala continues to go from strength to strength as the 20th annual event is held.
The Thetford Lions Club hosted the gala for people with disabilities at Breckland Waterworld, Thetford.
Fifty-five swimmers from Great Yarmouth, Stowmarket, Colchester, Peterborough, Runnymede and Special Olympics Norfolk, took part in the event.
There was a programme of 33 races and five relays which made for an enjoyable and often competitive evening.
All those who took part in the event earlier this month were supported loudly by friends and family watching on the sides.
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor of Thetford Denis Crawford and the Thetford Lions Club vice district governor Mandy Hawksley presented medals.
Three special ‘follow your dream’ medals were given to three young swimmers for endeavour and persistence throughout the gala.
- 1 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 6 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 7 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider