Second stabbing in town not linked to county lines, police say
- Credit: Archant
A second stabbing in a town is not believed to be linked to the drug-dealing network county lines, police have confirmed.
Officers were called after a man in his 20s was stabbed in St Albans Way, on the Abbey Estate in Thetford, on Monday at 1.40am.
Another man, also in his 20s, has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
Det Insp Mick Roxby said: "We have since conducted usual police patrols in the area and reassure members of public by letting them know this incident is an isolated incident and the individuals are believed to be known to one another.
"We want local residents to be aware that this isn't believed to be a county lines-related incident and there are no known risks to the community beyond those directly involved."
You may also want to watch:
The attack comes three months after the stabbing and murder of David Lawal, 25, in Brandon Road, Thetford.
Witnesses should contact Detective Inspector Mick Roxby at Thetford CID on 101 quoting crime reference 36/85770/19.
- 1 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 2 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 3 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 4 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 5 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 6 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 7 How will Christmas grottos, nativities and carol singing go ahead?
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 10 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org