Second stabbing in town not linked to county lines, police say
- Credit: Archant
A second stabbing in a town is not believed to be linked to the drug-dealing network county lines, police have confirmed.
Officers were called after a man in his 20s was stabbed in St Albans Way, on the Abbey Estate in Thetford, on Monday at 1.40am.
Another man, also in his 20s, has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
Det Insp Mick Roxby said: "We have since conducted usual police patrols in the area and reassure members of public by letting them know this incident is an isolated incident and the individuals are believed to be known to one another.
"We want local residents to be aware that this isn't believed to be a county lines-related incident and there are no known risks to the community beyond those directly involved."
You may also want to watch:
The attack comes three months after the stabbing and murder of David Lawal, 25, in Brandon Road, Thetford.
Witnesses should contact Detective Inspector Mick Roxby at Thetford CID on 101 quoting crime reference 36/85770/19.
- 1 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 2 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 10 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org