Second stabbing in town not linked to county lines, police say
- Credit: Archant
A second stabbing in a town is not believed to be linked to the drug-dealing network county lines, police have confirmed.
Officers were called after a man in his 20s was stabbed in St Albans Way, on the Abbey Estate in Thetford, on Monday at 1.40am.
Another man, also in his 20s, has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
Det Insp Mick Roxby said: "We have since conducted usual police patrols in the area and reassure members of public by letting them know this incident is an isolated incident and the individuals are believed to be known to one another.
"We want local residents to be aware that this isn't believed to be a county lines-related incident and there are no known risks to the community beyond those directly involved."
You may also want to watch:
The attack comes three months after the stabbing and murder of David Lawal, 25, in Brandon Road, Thetford.
Witnesses should contact Detective Inspector Mick Roxby at Thetford CID on 101 quoting crime reference 36/85770/19.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 7 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 8 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 9 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 10 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org