Thetford slimmers raise more than £700 taking part in Girls Night Out event
- Credit: Archant
Six women who are members of a Thetford Slimming World group have raised more than £700 for charity.
The ladies, who attend consultant Tina Matthew’s group at the Charles Burrell Centre, recently took part in St Nicholas Hospice Care’s Girls Night Out charity walk in Bury St Edmunds.
The event raises money to help the hospice support families dealing with long-term and life-threatening illnesses in West Suffolk and Thetford.
Caroline King made the suggestion to the group about taking part in the event to raise money but also to help with their weight loss.
Between the six of them, they have lost 20 stone and two pounds.
You may also want to watch:
Wearing bunny ears and their pyjamas, the women joined thousands of others for what was the charity’s tenth walk. It is esitmated the event will raise £200,000.
So far the women have raised £745 and have built “great friendships”.
- 1 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 2 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut