Thetford slimmers raise more than £700 taking part in Girls Night Out event
- Credit: Archant
Six women who are members of a Thetford Slimming World group have raised more than £700 for charity.
The ladies, who attend consultant Tina Matthew’s group at the Charles Burrell Centre, recently took part in St Nicholas Hospice Care’s Girls Night Out charity walk in Bury St Edmunds.
The event raises money to help the hospice support families dealing with long-term and life-threatening illnesses in West Suffolk and Thetford.
Caroline King made the suggestion to the group about taking part in the event to raise money but also to help with their weight loss.
Between the six of them, they have lost 20 stone and two pounds.
You may also want to watch:
Wearing bunny ears and their pyjamas, the women joined thousands of others for what was the charity’s tenth walk. It is esitmated the event will raise £200,000.
So far the women have raised £745 and have built “great friendships”.
- 1 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 2 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 5 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
- 6 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk