Thetford skatepark waiting for approval
A skatepark in Thetford is one step closer after a planning application was submitted.
The project had been requested by youngsters for some years, and following a cash injection from Moving Thetford Forward (MTF) is now nearing reality.
The application to Breckland Council confirms the skate park, as had been discussed in the past, and if given the go-ahead, would be built to the back of Breckland Leisure Centre.
It would be unsupervised with lights on a timer to define when it would be closed, and see-through fencing would be erected. The site would be accessed from Croxton Road, along the existing path across the front of the Keystone Development Trust, with a new path around a new car park to be built.
Once built, ownership would be handed to Thetford Town Council.
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the planning application is due to be taken by Breckland officials by July 3.
- 1 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 6 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow