Thetford skatepark waiting for approval
A skatepark in Thetford is one step closer after a planning application was submitted.
The project had been requested by youngsters for some years, and following a cash injection from Moving Thetford Forward (MTF) is now nearing reality.
The application to Breckland Council confirms the skate park, as had been discussed in the past, and if given the go-ahead, would be built to the back of Breckland Leisure Centre.
It would be unsupervised with lights on a timer to define when it would be closed, and see-through fencing would be erected. The site would be accessed from Croxton Road, along the existing path across the front of the Keystone Development Trust, with a new path around a new car park to be built.
Once built, ownership would be handed to Thetford Town Council.
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the planning application is due to be taken by Breckland officials by July 3.
- 1 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 2 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 3 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 4 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 5 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 10 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort