Thetford skatepark waiting for approval
A skatepark in Thetford is one step closer after a planning application was submitted.
The project had been requested by youngsters for some years, and following a cash injection from Moving Thetford Forward (MTF) is now nearing reality.
The application to Breckland Council confirms the skate park, as had been discussed in the past, and if given the go-ahead, would be built to the back of Breckland Leisure Centre.
It would be unsupervised with lights on a timer to define when it would be closed, and see-through fencing would be erected. The site would be accessed from Croxton Road, along the existing path across the front of the Keystone Development Trust, with a new path around a new car park to be built.
Once built, ownership would be handed to Thetford Town Council.
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the planning application is due to be taken by Breckland officials by July 3.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 Three people - including two teens - injured in shotgun attack
- 10 Four men to appear in court charged with shooting incident