Thetford skate park given go-ahead
Plans for a long-awaited skate park in Thetford have been given approval by planning officials.
The project had been requested by youngsters in the town for some years and neared reality when Moving Thetford Forward contributed funding.
The park, which will be built at the back of Breckland Leisure Centre, be unsupervised with lights on a timer to define when it will be closed, and see-through fencing will be erected.
Access will be from Croxton Road, along an existing path across the front of the Keystone Development Trust, with a new path around a new car park to be built.
Speaking at Monday’s meeting of Breckland Planning Committee, councillors discussed at length whether there was a need for acoustic fencing to prevent sound from carrying to nearby houses and businesses.
You may also want to watch:
A decision on whether to erect this was delegated to officers.
Once built, ownership of the skate park will be handed to Thetford Town Council.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Warning over cold callers offering 'free' loft insulation
- 3 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 4 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 7 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 8 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 9 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 10 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation