Thetford Singers pack out church for Easter concert
- Credit: Archant
The Thetford Singers packed out St Cuthbert’s Church in Thetford for their recent Easter concert of The Armed Man and Faure’s Requiem.
Choir chairman, Jo Peachey, said: “It was an excellent performance given it was only the second concert with our new director, Chris Parsons.
“In the short time that Chris has been directing the choir, everyone has learnt so much and there has been an ongoing improvement with each of the concerts.
“Chris sourced two excellent soloists, soprano Naomi Sturges and baritone James Newbury for Faure’s Requiem. Their performance was outstanding and we all feel that they will both go on to achieve great success within their choral careers.
“Once again local girl and organist Polina Sosnina ably accompanied the choir for Faure’s Requiem. Pip Jepson was another who impressed by fully demonstrating her skills on the piano during The Armed Man.”
You may also want to watch:
The choir’s next concert takes place on Saturday July 11 at the Carnegie Rooms, Thetford and has an American theme covering a mix of musical genres.
For more details visit www.thetfordsingers.org.uk
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results