Thetford Singers pack out church for Easter concert
- Credit: Archant
The Thetford Singers packed out St Cuthbert’s Church in Thetford for their recent Easter concert of The Armed Man and Faure’s Requiem.
Choir chairman, Jo Peachey, said: “It was an excellent performance given it was only the second concert with our new director, Chris Parsons.
“In the short time that Chris has been directing the choir, everyone has learnt so much and there has been an ongoing improvement with each of the concerts.
“Chris sourced two excellent soloists, soprano Naomi Sturges and baritone James Newbury for Faure’s Requiem. Their performance was outstanding and we all feel that they will both go on to achieve great success within their choral careers.
“Once again local girl and organist Polina Sosnina ably accompanied the choir for Faure’s Requiem. Pip Jepson was another who impressed by fully demonstrating her skills on the piano during The Armed Man.”
You may also want to watch:
The choir’s next concert takes place on Saturday July 11 at the Carnegie Rooms, Thetford and has an American theme covering a mix of musical genres.
For more details visit www.thetfordsingers.org.uk
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital