Thetford Singers pack out church for Easter concert
- Credit: Archant
The Thetford Singers packed out St Cuthbert’s Church in Thetford for their recent Easter concert of The Armed Man and Faure’s Requiem.
Choir chairman, Jo Peachey, said: “It was an excellent performance given it was only the second concert with our new director, Chris Parsons.
“In the short time that Chris has been directing the choir, everyone has learnt so much and there has been an ongoing improvement with each of the concerts.
“Chris sourced two excellent soloists, soprano Naomi Sturges and baritone James Newbury for Faure’s Requiem. Their performance was outstanding and we all feel that they will both go on to achieve great success within their choral careers.
“Once again local girl and organist Polina Sosnina ably accompanied the choir for Faure’s Requiem. Pip Jepson was another who impressed by fully demonstrating her skills on the piano during The Armed Man.”
You may also want to watch:
The choir’s next concert takes place on Saturday July 11 at the Carnegie Rooms, Thetford and has an American theme covering a mix of musical genres.
For more details visit www.thetfordsingers.org.uk
- 1 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 2 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 3 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 4 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 10 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting