Youngsters perform at town’s garden centre
- Credit: Thetford Garden Centre
Youngsters performed at a town’s garden centre as part of its ‘Sing for a Christmas tree’ event.
Thetford Garden Centre held its 'Sing for a Tree' event, which encouraged local schools to visit the site and sing carols or Christmas songs so they could receive a free tree.
Pupils from Bishops Church of England Primary School, Drake Primary and Norwich Road Academy, all sang at the garden centre's Christmas launch night on November 1, and Barnham Primary School performed on Monday December 2.
Marie Turner, operations manager at the garden centre, said: "The schools brought back-in music or instruments and we placed them in our Christmas department where they sang three or four songs. All of their parents and grandparents came along it was a lovely atmosphere.
"It was fun for the kids, they really enjoyed it, and some were singing at the top of their voices."
You may also want to watch:
All of the schools who took part received a fresh Christmas tree on November 28, and Barnham Primary on December 2 after their performance, and Thetford Garden Centre hopes to make this a tradition for years to come.
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 6 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 7 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Car crashes into central reservation on A11