Youngsters perform at town’s garden centre
- Credit: Thetford Garden Centre
Youngsters performed at a town’s garden centre as part of its ‘Sing for a Christmas tree’ event.
Thetford Garden Centre held its 'Sing for a Tree' event, which encouraged local schools to visit the site and sing carols or Christmas songs so they could receive a free tree.
Pupils from Bishops Church of England Primary School, Drake Primary and Norwich Road Academy, all sang at the garden centre's Christmas launch night on November 1, and Barnham Primary School performed on Monday December 2.
Marie Turner, operations manager at the garden centre, said: "The schools brought back-in music or instruments and we placed them in our Christmas department where they sang three or four songs. All of their parents and grandparents came along it was a lovely atmosphere.
"It was fun for the kids, they really enjoyed it, and some were singing at the top of their voices."
You may also want to watch:
All of the schools who took part received a fresh Christmas tree on November 28, and Barnham Primary on December 2 after their performance, and Thetford Garden Centre hopes to make this a tradition for years to come.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 9 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park