Thetford school up for award
A Thetford school is celebrating being shortlisted for a national award.Redcastle Furze Primary is one of five schools across the country in with a chance of winning a music prize at the 2008 Education Business Awards.
A Thetford school is celebrating being shortlisted for a national award.
Redcastle Furze Primary is one of five schools across the country in with a chance of winning a music prize at the 2008 Education Business Awards.
The nomination comes after the school in
St Martin's Way purchased percussion instruments from across the world to engage pupils with music following a lottery grant.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Andrew Sheppard said the school had done “unbelievably well” to be shortlisted because the other four finalists were high schools with specialist music status.
Redcastle Furze Primary was a runner-up in the “outstanding progress” category of the Education Business Awards last year.
- 1 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 2 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 3 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 6 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 7 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 8 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
The awards ceremony will take place at Arsenal Football Club's Emirates Stadium, in London, on November 20.