Thetford’s town crier joins forces with opticians for breast cancer fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A town crier has joined forces with an opticians in encouraging the community to dig deep for Breast Cancer Care.
Thetford’s crier Mike Wabe helped the town’s Specsavers store in Riverside Walk as its staff became pretty in pink for their fundraising event on June 18, which raised £450 for the cancer charity.
Despite the inclement weather the staff held their ground outside the store, selling homemade pink cupcakes and Breast Cancer awareness pins.
They also held a raffle in the run up to the event, with 27 prize donations from staff and local businesses.
Paul Clark, store director of Specsavers in Thetford, said: “We really enjoyed seeing customers old and new come together to support such a wonderful cause.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an extremely successful day, exceeding our expectations. We’re so thankful for all the generous donations that were given for Breast Cancer Care.”
To find out more about the charity, visit www.breastcancercare.org.uk.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park