Thetford’s town crier joins forces with opticians for breast cancer fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A town crier has joined forces with an opticians in encouraging the community to dig deep for Breast Cancer Care.
Thetford’s crier Mike Wabe helped the town’s Specsavers store in Riverside Walk as its staff became pretty in pink for their fundraising event on June 18, which raised £450 for the cancer charity.
Despite the inclement weather the staff held their ground outside the store, selling homemade pink cupcakes and Breast Cancer awareness pins.
They also held a raffle in the run up to the event, with 27 prize donations from staff and local businesses.
Paul Clark, store director of Specsavers in Thetford, said: “We really enjoyed seeing customers old and new come together to support such a wonderful cause.
“It was an extremely successful day, exceeding our expectations. We’re so thankful for all the generous donations that were given for Breast Cancer Care.”
To find out more about the charity, visit www.breastcancercare.org.uk.
- 1 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 2 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 3 Pair deny dangerous driving on the A11 in Suffolk
- 4 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 5 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 6 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 7 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 8 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 9 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years