Thetford’s new Wetherspoon pub, The Red Lion, opens
A former pub in the heart of Thetford re-opened its doors to the public yesterday.
JD Wetherspoon spent �1.2m redeveloping the old Red Lion pub on the Market Place.
The new-look venue, which has kept the same name, features one bar, as well as a partially-covered beer garden and open-plan kitchen. Original flint walls have been maintained. Photos, local history and information boards relating to characters in the town are also on display.
Manager Nick Haste said: “I think the pub looks so amazing and we’ve got such high standards among our staff that people are coming out again into Thetford whereas it’s been a bit neglected in the past.
“We want to get the community back again and involved in raising money for our charity, Clic Sargent.”
You may also want to watch:
The new pub will be open from 7am until midnight from Sunday to Thursday and from 7am until 1am on Fridays and Saturdays.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 7 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 8 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 9 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
- 10 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance