Thetford’s new Wetherspoon pub, The Red Lion, opens
A former pub in the heart of Thetford re-opened its doors to the public yesterday.
JD Wetherspoon spent �1.2m redeveloping the old Red Lion pub on the Market Place.
The new-look venue, which has kept the same name, features one bar, as well as a partially-covered beer garden and open-plan kitchen. Original flint walls have been maintained. Photos, local history and information boards relating to characters in the town are also on display.
Manager Nick Haste said: “I think the pub looks so amazing and we’ve got such high standards among our staff that people are coming out again into Thetford whereas it’s been a bit neglected in the past.
“We want to get the community back again and involved in raising money for our charity, Clic Sargent.”
You may also want to watch:
The new pub will be open from 7am until midnight from Sunday to Thursday and from 7am until 1am on Fridays and Saturdays.
- 1 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 2 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 7 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 8 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 9 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 10 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond