Thetford’s Charles Burrell Centre holds first cross country run of the year
- Credit: Archant
Runners of all ages and abilities from across the region were put through their paces at a cross country run.
The event, organised by the Charles Burrell Centre, welcomed 92 runners for the 5K run in Thetford.
The course weaved around Barnham Cross Common and parts of the surrounding forest before returning to the finish line at the centre in Staniforth Road.
The quickest time achieved for the off-road course was 18 Minutes and 40 seconds.
Joshua Grayson, the centre’s deputy manager and who coordinated the event, said “it is great seeing the hard work pay off and the community coming together to enjoy and support a local event.
You may also want to watch:
“We managed to raise more than £350 for the centre and are now planning a 10k off-road trail run for later this year which we are really looking forward to.”
For more information about the centre visit Charles Burrell Centre on Facebook.
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 6 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 7 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village