Thetford’s Charles Burrell Centre holds first cross country run of the year
- Credit: Archant
Runners of all ages and abilities from across the region were put through their paces at a cross country run.
The event, organised by the Charles Burrell Centre, welcomed 92 runners for the 5K run in Thetford.
The course weaved around Barnham Cross Common and parts of the surrounding forest before returning to the finish line at the centre in Staniforth Road.
The quickest time achieved for the off-road course was 18 Minutes and 40 seconds.
Joshua Grayson, the centre’s deputy manager and who coordinated the event, said “it is great seeing the hard work pay off and the community coming together to enjoy and support a local event.
You may also want to watch:
“We managed to raise more than £350 for the centre and are now planning a 10k off-road trail run for later this year which we are really looking forward to.”
For more information about the centre visit Charles Burrell Centre on Facebook.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 3 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Warning over cold callers offering 'free' loft insulation
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 7 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 8 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 9 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 10 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation