Thetford’s Charles Burrell Centre holds first cross country run of the year
- Credit: Archant
Runners of all ages and abilities from across the region were put through their paces at a cross country run.
The event, organised by the Charles Burrell Centre, welcomed 92 runners for the 5K run in Thetford.
The course weaved around Barnham Cross Common and parts of the surrounding forest before returning to the finish line at the centre in Staniforth Road.
The quickest time achieved for the off-road course was 18 Minutes and 40 seconds.
Joshua Grayson, the centre’s deputy manager and who coordinated the event, said “it is great seeing the hard work pay off and the community coming together to enjoy and support a local event.
You may also want to watch:
“We managed to raise more than £350 for the centre and are now planning a 10k off-road trail run for later this year which we are really looking forward to.”
For more information about the centre visit Charles Burrell Centre on Facebook.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees