That’s not a parking space, it’s a junction - confusion at retail park
- Credit: Archant
Confused drivers are mistaking a junction for a parking space at a busy Norfolk retail park.
The new £6.9m retail park, in London Road, Thetford, was completed in June this year and some motorists have been caught out by thinking a line at a junction in front ot the B&M store was the start of a parking space.
Despite its modern architecture and newly surfaced roads, the car park markings do not seem to be clear enough to drivers.
Thetford residents have reported that since the development has opened this issue has been happening regularly.
A Thetford Forum Facebook member who posted a photo online said: "A lady who parked there realised as another lady pointed to it, she laughed and walked back to her car."
You may also want to watch:
The park has five retail units, three of which have been taken on by B&M, Home Bargains, and Greggs, and has created 200 jobs.
B&M did not wish to comment. The site developer has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 5 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 6 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 7 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney