That’s not a parking space, it’s a junction - confusion at retail park
- Credit: Archant
Confused drivers are mistaking a junction for a parking space at a busy Norfolk retail park.
The new £6.9m retail park, in London Road, Thetford, was completed in June this year and some motorists have been caught out by thinking a line at a junction in front ot the B&M store was the start of a parking space.
Despite its modern architecture and newly surfaced roads, the car park markings do not seem to be clear enough to drivers.
Thetford residents have reported that since the development has opened this issue has been happening regularly.
A Thetford Forum Facebook member who posted a photo online said: "A lady who parked there realised as another lady pointed to it, she laughed and walked back to her car."
You may also want to watch:
The park has five retail units, three of which have been taken on by B&M, Home Bargains, and Greggs, and has created 200 jobs.
B&M did not wish to comment. The site developer has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 2 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Norfolk
- 4 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 5 Man denies possessing and dealing class A drugs
- 6 New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 9 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 10 Spot yourself at Euston classic car and tractor rally