That’s not a parking space, it’s a junction - confusion at retail park
- Credit: Archant
Confused drivers are mistaking a junction for a parking space at a busy Norfolk retail park.
The new £6.9m retail park, in London Road, Thetford, was completed in June this year and some motorists have been caught out by thinking a line at a junction in front ot the B&M store was the start of a parking space.
Despite its modern architecture and newly surfaced roads, the car park markings do not seem to be clear enough to drivers.
Thetford residents have reported that since the development has opened this issue has been happening regularly.
A Thetford Forum Facebook member who posted a photo online said: "A lady who parked there realised as another lady pointed to it, she laughed and walked back to her car."
You may also want to watch:
The park has five retail units, three of which have been taken on by B&M, Home Bargains, and Greggs, and has created 200 jobs.
B&M did not wish to comment. The site developer has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 3 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 4 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 7 Cordon lifted in country park as murder inquiry continues
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 10 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses