That’s not a parking space, it’s a junction - confusion at retail park
- Credit: Archant
Confused drivers are mistaking a junction for a parking space at a busy Norfolk retail park.
The new £6.9m retail park, in London Road, Thetford, was completed in June this year and some motorists have been caught out by thinking a line at a junction in front ot the B&M store was the start of a parking space.
Despite its modern architecture and newly surfaced roads, the car park markings do not seem to be clear enough to drivers.
Thetford residents have reported that since the development has opened this issue has been happening regularly.
A Thetford Forum Facebook member who posted a photo online said: "A lady who parked there realised as another lady pointed to it, she laughed and walked back to her car."
You may also want to watch:
The park has five retail units, three of which have been taken on by B&M, Home Bargains, and Greggs, and has created 200 jobs.
B&M did not wish to comment. The site developer has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 Three people - including two teens - injured in shotgun attack
- 10 Four men to appear in court charged with shooting incident