Thetford Radio upgraded thanks to generous sponsorship
Money raised from a marathon radio show has been spent on upgrading the station’s computer system and refurbishing its studio.
Thetford Radio DJ Carl Lambert, 17, raised �1,000 with sponsorship from his 26-hour show last year.
The money has now been spent on revamping the studio with improved sound proofing, a new desk, new lights and upgraded computer system.
The station, which is self-funded and receives no grants, is streamed over the internet and attracts hundreds of listeners each week.
Its team of 18 presenters each pay 50p per show to help keep it up and running.
You may also want to watch:
Managing editor of Thetford Radio, Samuel Ball, said the refurbishment had helped instill a new sense of pride at the station.
He added: “I think it will be a bit more appealing - I wouldn’t say I was ashamed but I was disappointed with how it looked in the past and now it’s modern and up to date. “Funding is always important and we’re always looking for that because it’s still our dream to become Thetford’s FM radio station.
- 1 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 2 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 10 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
“With the radiothon we could revamp the studio ourselves - everybody worked hard.”
Radio Thetford is streamed on the internet 24 hours a day with shows from around 6pm to midnight from Monday to Saturday, and 8.30am to midnight on Sundays. For more information go to www.radiothetfordonline.t83.net.