Historic Thetford pub under new management
- Credit: Admiral Taverns
A popular pub in a picturesque Norfolk village has welcomed a new licensee.
The New Inn in Hockwold cum Wilton, near Thetford, has benefitted from a £30,000 investment from community pub operator Admiral Taverns and has been recently taken over by Patricia Fry.
Ms Fry and her team have launched a traditional, home-cooked menu at the 18th century pub, prepared on site by Ms Fry herself.
In the run-up to Christmas, the New Inn will be holding a number of events to kick off the festive season, with fireworks and live music by local singer Dan Star on Saturday, November 3.
“The New Inn is a lovely, historic pub and my team have worked incredibly hard to develop and improve the experience we can offer our customers,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“Our home-cooked menu is proving incredibly popular and I’m thrilled to hear the positive feedback from our customers.”
- 1 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 2 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 3 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 6 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 7 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 8 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack