Pub launches new vegan menu
- Credit: Archant
A Thetford pub has launched a new range of vegan friendly food - including fish and chips.
The new menu at the Chase, on Newtown, a Hungry Horse pub, features seven plant-based dishes.
Meals include fish-free fish and chips, roasted tomato soup, a falafel burger and Chickpea and sweet potato curry.
For desert, a Bakewell tart with vanilla flavoured ice cream is on offer.
Mark Reardon, general manager at the Chase, said: “We know our local customers have a wide range of diets and tastes, so it’s important that we experiment with exciting new dishes and flavour combinations to ensure we cater for this.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve not only introduced a number of new plant-based dishes to our menu, but we’ve also put a spin on some of the traditional pub classics we offer, such as fish and chips which is now available with vegan fish-free flakes and is already proving popular with locals.”
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 6 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village