Thetford Prince’s Trust team celebrates
Seven young adults demonstrated how far they had come as they delivered a presentation ceremony to celebrate the end of their 12-week Prince’s Trust programme.
Part of Team 56, based in and around Thetford, the group spoke about their experiences and received certificates in front of their friends and family, and the great and good of Thetford.
During their time on the programme, the team completed a community project, spent a week away at a residential activity, and took part in a team activity. For Team 56 this included renovating a community garden at Thetford Fire Station following a week of hard work.
Youth development worker Fay Crangle said: “Most of the young people on the stage came to me 12 weeks ago unable to speak in public, with no self-esteem, self-conscious, and unmotivated and didn’t see what the point in life was.
“To go from that to their own employment opportunities and be able to compile a presentation and speak in front of those people is fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“They’ve all worked really hard and every single person deserved to be on that stage.”
The programme is now looking for its next intake in January. To find out more, contact Fay Crangle on 07920 792226.
- 1 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 2 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 3 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 4 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 5 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 6 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 7 How will Christmas grottos, nativities and carol singing go ahead?
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 10 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens