Thetford Prince’s Trust team celebrates
Seven young adults demonstrated how far they had come as they delivered a presentation ceremony to celebrate the end of their 12-week Prince’s Trust programme.
Part of Team 56, based in and around Thetford, the group spoke about their experiences and received certificates in front of their friends and family, and the great and good of Thetford.
During their time on the programme, the team completed a community project, spent a week away at a residential activity, and took part in a team activity. For Team 56 this included renovating a community garden at Thetford Fire Station following a week of hard work.
Youth development worker Fay Crangle said: “Most of the young people on the stage came to me 12 weeks ago unable to speak in public, with no self-esteem, self-conscious, and unmotivated and didn’t see what the point in life was.
“To go from that to their own employment opportunities and be able to compile a presentation and speak in front of those people is fantastic.
“They’ve all worked really hard and every single person deserved to be on that stage.”
The programme is now looking for its next intake in January. To find out more, contact Fay Crangle on 07920 792226.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 3 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Final phase of consultation begins over future of Thetford estate
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 9 Bin collectors could strike over long-running pay dispute
- 10 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations