Thetford Players to bring My Fair Lady to town
- Credit: Archant
The cockney accents are being perfected and musical numbers fine tuned as the Thetford Players prepare to bring a classic musical to the stage.
The amateur dramatic group will be performing Mr Fair Lady to audiences at the Carnegie Room from Thursday, July 13 until Saturday, July 15.
The cast of 20 are preparing to entertain with well-known songs Wouldn’t it be Loverly? and Get Me to the Church on Time.
The group will also welcome a number of Thetford Academy sixth form pupils to the cast.
Director Caroline Foot said: “I am so proud of how much hard work and rehearsal has gone into making this another not to be missed Thetford Players show.
You may also want to watch:
“Under our musical director Claire Lowe’s guidance, the cast and musicians are ready to blow audiences away with polished performances.”
Tickets are £10 and £8.50 from the Leaping Hare, by calling 01842 751975, or click here
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted