RAF base donated more than 100 props to theatre group
- Credit: Archant
An RAF base has donated more than 100 costumes to a nearby theatre group.
RAF Honington has given the costumes and props from the station to the Thetford Players.
Jo Cooper, Chair of Thetford Players, alongside Phil Pearson, vice chairman and committee member Jo van der Hulks, when to the station on to receive the donations in what will be their 10th year anniversary.
The group, which performs out of the Carnegie, in Thetford, hope to give the costumes and props a new lease of life in future productions.
Station personnel have been known to be members of Thetford Players, as well as the station drama society known as HATS, Honington Amateur Theatre Society, which has stop productions in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford Players are currently preparing for its production of South Pacific based on the novel Tales of the South Pacific by James A. Michener.
- 1 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 2 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 3 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 4 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 5 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 6 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 7 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 8 85% of West Suffolk Hospital staff vaccinated in battle to meet demand on health service
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 10 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s