Thetford photographer takes on charity challenge
A professional photographer will attempt to take more than 2,000 pictures in little more than a day in a bid to raise money for charity.
Gary Maynard, who runs The Studio on Thetford Market Place, will take part in the national event which challenges photographers to take 2,012 pictures each of people and pets in just 26 hours.
All donations will go to Macmillan Cancer Support and Mr Maynard hopes as many people as possible will offer to pose for a photograph at the event in Thetford in August.
“It averages out at one photo every 44 seconds so it’s a marathon task,” he said. “Hopefully it will get me known in Thetford and get Thetford known as a town as it’s something exciting so it’s good news.
“It’s about blasting it out so people can pop in on their way home from work, and there’s no requirement for people to donate – even if we get a couple of hundred people through the door we’re still raising money.”
The challenge will take place at Mr Maynard’s studio from noon on August 11 to 2.30pm on August 12. Photos taken will be available to buy with all profits going to the charity.
- 1 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 2 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 3 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 4 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 8 Catalytic converters stolen from three cars in Mildenhall in one night
- 9 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
- 10 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village