Thetford photographer takes on charity challenge
A professional photographer will attempt to take more than 2,000 pictures in little more than a day in a bid to raise money for charity.
Gary Maynard, who runs The Studio on Thetford Market Place, will take part in the national event which challenges photographers to take 2,012 pictures each of people and pets in just 26 hours.
All donations will go to Macmillan Cancer Support and Mr Maynard hopes as many people as possible will offer to pose for a photograph at the event in Thetford in August.
“It averages out at one photo every 44 seconds so it’s a marathon task,” he said. “Hopefully it will get me known in Thetford and get Thetford known as a town as it’s something exciting so it’s good news.
“It’s about blasting it out so people can pop in on their way home from work, and there’s no requirement for people to donate – even if we get a couple of hundred people through the door we’re still raising money.”
You may also want to watch:
The challenge will take place at Mr Maynard’s studio from noon on August 11 to 2.30pm on August 12. Photos taken will be available to buy with all profits going to the charity.
- 1 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 2 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 5 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 8 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 9 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 10 Warning over cold callers offering 'free' loft insulation