Thetford park run celebrates its fifth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A popular Park Run has marked its fifth anniversary with its second highest attendance to date.
On Saturday, February 24, more than 260 people, some in fancy dress turned out to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Thetford park run.
Set off by the Thetford Town Crier, Mike Wade, Saturday’s run was attended by people of all ages, running or walking the 5k route around Abbey Meadows.
Including pupils and staff from Thetford Grammar School who were running to raise funds for their twin school in Somalia.
Special mention goes to Colin Chamberlain, Maureen Bellotti and Andy Greenhouse for attending their 100th park run.
Jane Smith for attending her 50th and Lacie Bailey for her 10th park run.
Marshalling stalwart Mick Colledge, also celebrated his 73rd birthday.
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 3 Shed left destroyed after garden fire in west Suffolk
- 4 14 fire crews continue to battle large forest blaze near country park
- 5 'Could have caused explosion': Eco-warrior stops Thetford fire spreading
- 6 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 7 Town to host free outdoor screening of Encanto with street food stalls
- 8 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 9 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 10 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
The immensely popular event is regularly attended by around 150 runners and recently won the Best Community Event award at the T.A.R.A Awards.