Thetford park run celebrates its fifth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A popular Park Run has marked its fifth anniversary with its second highest attendance to date.
On Saturday, February 24, more than 260 people, some in fancy dress turned out to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Thetford park run.
Set off by the Thetford Town Crier, Mike Wade, Saturday’s run was attended by people of all ages, running or walking the 5k route around Abbey Meadows.
Including pupils and staff from Thetford Grammar School who were running to raise funds for their twin school in Somalia.
Special mention goes to Colin Chamberlain, Maureen Bellotti and Andy Greenhouse for attending their 100th park run.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Smith for attending her 50th and Lacie Bailey for her 10th park run.
Marshalling stalwart Mick Colledge, also celebrated his 73rd birthday.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Coronavirus rates go up in every district across Norfolk
- 9 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 10 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
The immensely popular event is regularly attended by around 150 runners and recently won the Best Community Event award at the T.A.R.A Awards.