Thetford park run celebrates its fifth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A popular Park Run has marked its fifth anniversary with its second highest attendance to date.
On Saturday, February 24, more than 260 people, some in fancy dress turned out to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Thetford park run.
Set off by the Thetford Town Crier, Mike Wade, Saturday’s run was attended by people of all ages, running or walking the 5k route around Abbey Meadows.
Including pupils and staff from Thetford Grammar School who were running to raise funds for their twin school in Somalia.
Special mention goes to Colin Chamberlain, Maureen Bellotti and Andy Greenhouse for attending their 100th park run.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Smith for attending her 50th and Lacie Bailey for her 10th park run.
Marshalling stalwart Mick Colledge, also celebrated his 73rd birthday.
- 1 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 4 Two men due in court over rave at Thetford Forest
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 10 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
The immensely popular event is regularly attended by around 150 runners and recently won the Best Community Event award at the T.A.R.A Awards.