Thetford park run celebrates its fifth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A popular Park Run has marked its fifth anniversary with its second highest attendance to date.
On Saturday, February 24, more than 260 people, some in fancy dress turned out to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Thetford park run.
Set off by the Thetford Town Crier, Mike Wade, Saturday’s run was attended by people of all ages, running or walking the 5k route around Abbey Meadows.
Including pupils and staff from Thetford Grammar School who were running to raise funds for their twin school in Somalia.
Special mention goes to Colin Chamberlain, Maureen Bellotti and Andy Greenhouse for attending their 100th park run.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Smith for attending her 50th and Lacie Bailey for her 10th park run.
Marshalling stalwart Mick Colledge, also celebrated his 73rd birthday.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 6 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 7 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted
The immensely popular event is regularly attended by around 150 runners and recently won the Best Community Event award at the T.A.R.A Awards.