Thetford organisations awarded thousands of pounds in grants
- Credit: Archant
Ten organisations and charities based in a Breckland town have been awarded grants.
Citizens Advice, Thetford and District Dementia Support Group, Thetford Dolphins, Thetford United Reformed Church, Access Community Trust, St Nicholas Hospice Care, Thetford Bulldogs Football Club, Involve Razem CIC and The Garage have all received £2,000.
Thetford Short Mat Bowls Club has been awarded £1,992.00.
The money was given by Thetford Town Council as part of the authority’s Annual Grants Scheme.
Brenda Canham, chairman of the council’s amenities committee, said: “It is pleasing to be able to present grants to these fantastic organisations.”
You may also want to watch:
The Bulldogs will use their grant towards training courses for coaches and new kit and equipment.
And Access Community Trust will help to promote adult literacy through adult reading sessions.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 7 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent