Thetford organisations awarded thousands of pounds in grants
- Credit: Archant
Ten organisations and charities based in a Breckland town have been awarded grants.
Citizens Advice, Thetford and District Dementia Support Group, Thetford Dolphins, Thetford United Reformed Church, Access Community Trust, St Nicholas Hospice Care, Thetford Bulldogs Football Club, Involve Razem CIC and The Garage have all received £2,000.
Thetford Short Mat Bowls Club has been awarded £1,992.00.
The money was given by Thetford Town Council as part of the authority’s Annual Grants Scheme.
Brenda Canham, chairman of the council’s amenities committee, said: “It is pleasing to be able to present grants to these fantastic organisations.”
You may also want to watch:
The Bulldogs will use their grant towards training courses for coaches and new kit and equipment.
And Access Community Trust will help to promote adult literacy through adult reading sessions.
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 3 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 4 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 5 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 6 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone