Youngsters complete 100-mile bike ride to raise money for NHS
- Credit: Jayne Finch
A mother-of-two has spoken of her pride as her sons prepare to complete a 100-mile bike ride to raise money for the NHS.
Jayne Finch, 46, from the Abbey Estate, in Thetford, has been helping her sons, 11-year-old Taylor and nine-year-old Cian, to reach their 100-mile target after they were inspired by Captain Tom Moore to raise money for the NHS during the pandemic.
Since lockdown began, everyday Ms Finch and her sons have been cycling around the town, as part of their daily exercise, and now they are four miles off their target and have raised nearly £300 on their JustGiving page.
Ms Finch said: “When Cian suggested doing the bike ride for the NHS because of captain Tom I felt so proud. Then Taylor said he would like to do it to help raise more money and I was double proud.
“And now they have nearly completed it with a week to go I am super proud.
You may also want to watch:
“They have made so happy with their determination.”
To donate visit Cian and Taylor’s JustGiving page here, justgiving.com/fundraising/cian-taylor-finch
- 1 7 of the best indoor activities in Norfolk
- 2 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 Flood-torn community 'in fear' every time it rains
- 6 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 7 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 8 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 9 Norfolk police ready extra officers for delayed Covid 'Freedom Day'
- 10 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle