Thetford Music Project festive concert
There was a seasonal buzz in the air as youngsters held an annual musical Christmas concert.
The Thetford Music Project musicians played to a packed audience at Queensway Junior School as they demonstrated a festive programme, from traditional carols and classical items, to contemporary film and popular numbers.
Member Fiona Ellerby was awarded a certificate for achieving a high merit in her recent grade five theory exam and Thetford Mayor Derek Mortimer gave an address at the end of the concert which gave testimony to all the young people involved, including Masie Beaupre, who had given her debut performance that evening.
Director Polly Fenn also thanked tutors and volunteers for their hard work and a fond farewell was given to Andrew Gibson, the project’s popular and established brass tutor.
The final number, Merry Christmas Everybody was played by the Rock Group.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford Music Project’s next concert will be MP Rocks!, on March 29 at 6pm, and be dedicated entirely to rock numbers.
The project resumes after Christmas on January 12.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 5 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 6 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 7 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 8 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 9 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 10 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village