Thetford Music Project festive concert
There was a seasonal buzz in the air as youngsters held an annual musical Christmas concert.
The Thetford Music Project musicians played to a packed audience at Queensway Junior School as they demonstrated a festive programme, from traditional carols and classical items, to contemporary film and popular numbers.
Member Fiona Ellerby was awarded a certificate for achieving a high merit in her recent grade five theory exam and Thetford Mayor Derek Mortimer gave an address at the end of the concert which gave testimony to all the young people involved, including Masie Beaupre, who had given her debut performance that evening.
Director Polly Fenn also thanked tutors and volunteers for their hard work and a fond farewell was given to Andrew Gibson, the project’s popular and established brass tutor.
The final number, Merry Christmas Everybody was played by the Rock Group.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford Music Project’s next concert will be MP Rocks!, on March 29 at 6pm, and be dedicated entirely to rock numbers.
The project resumes after Christmas on January 12.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 A11 closure as lorries with huge loads get stuck at roadworks
- 3 Center Parcs to reopen on April 12 for self-catering guests only
- 4 Warm winds bring Saharan dust as temperatures soar to 17C
- 5 Man denies causing death by dangerous driving after fatal A143 crash
- 6 Dogs Trust releases phone calls of 'heartbroken' owners forced to give up pets
- 7 Norfolk given extra £10m to stop Covid spread in care homes
- 8 Norfolk discount store to take over former Poundstretcher building
- 9 Pub to get major revamp - but needs a landlord first
- 10 Ambitious 2035 climate change fight plan unveiled