Town legend 'Mr Keepy Uppy' captures hearts as England roar on
- Credit: Stella Aldous
A Thetford "legend" famed for his ball-juggling talents has become a social media sensation during England's run to the Euro 2020 final.
Neil, better known as 'Mr Keepy Uppy' or 'The Keepy Uppy Man', is frequently seen across town with his football.
And it has been no different during Euro 2020, with Neil regularly juggling in support of Gareth Southgate's men.
So when Kevin Stannard spotted him near Monksgate within minutes of the Three Lions' win over Germany last week, he decided the local icon deserved recognition.
Mr Stannard bought him an England cap and Euros shirt, which Neil was presented with prior to Wednesday night's semi-final victory.
A Facebook post capturing his reaction has been liked almost 1,500 times.
"Neil has been doing this for years - his ball goes everywhere with him," said Mr Stannard.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 3 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
"Everyone in Thetford knows him, and you can see how popular he is from the response we've had.
"So long as the guy has a football, he is happy."