Town market back to normal after storm reduced stall to two
- Credit: Archant
A town market is back to normal after Storm Gareth left it with just two stalls last week.
A photo on Thetford Town Council’s Facebook account this morning showed the market place by Thetford Guildhall stuffed with clothes, plant and food stalls selling their wares.
The council spokesman said: “Good morning Thetford! We thought we’d take a quick photo of the marketplace today.
“Now that storm Gareth has - quite literally - blown over, our regular vendors are all back in the town centre with plenty of stalls to browse.”
Just a fruit and vegetable stall and a cheese and pie stall were present at the market place last Tuesday as the storm’s strong gales and heavy rain caused disruption across the country, with rail and road links also affected.
You may also want to watch:
Markets take place on Tuesdays and Saturdays each week in the town centre.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 7 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 8 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 9 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
- 10 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance