Town market back to normal after storm reduced stall to two
- Credit: Archant
A town market is back to normal after Storm Gareth left it with just two stalls last week.
A photo on Thetford Town Council’s Facebook account this morning showed the market place by Thetford Guildhall stuffed with clothes, plant and food stalls selling their wares.
The council spokesman said: “Good morning Thetford! We thought we’d take a quick photo of the marketplace today.
“Now that storm Gareth has - quite literally - blown over, our regular vendors are all back in the town centre with plenty of stalls to browse.”
Just a fruit and vegetable stall and a cheese and pie stall were present at the market place last Tuesday as the storm’s strong gales and heavy rain caused disruption across the country, with rail and road links also affected.
You may also want to watch:
Markets take place on Tuesdays and Saturdays each week in the town centre.
- 1 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 2 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 3 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 7 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together