Town market back to normal after storm reduced stall to two
- Credit: Archant
A town market is back to normal after Storm Gareth left it with just two stalls last week.
A photo on Thetford Town Council’s Facebook account this morning showed the market place by Thetford Guildhall stuffed with clothes, plant and food stalls selling their wares.
The council spokesman said: “Good morning Thetford! We thought we’d take a quick photo of the marketplace today.
“Now that storm Gareth has - quite literally - blown over, our regular vendors are all back in the town centre with plenty of stalls to browse.”
Just a fruit and vegetable stall and a cheese and pie stall were present at the market place last Tuesday as the storm’s strong gales and heavy rain caused disruption across the country, with rail and road links also affected.
You may also want to watch:
Markets take place on Tuesdays and Saturdays each week in the town centre.
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 3 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 4 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier