Thetford man in court, charged with assault
A 56-year-old man has appeared in court charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent after a man was left with life-threatening injuries.
Michael O’Leary, of no fixed abode, appeared before magistrates in Bury St Edmunds on Monday.
He is charged with unlawfully and maliciously causing grievous bodily harm to Ronald Beacham with intent to do him grievous bodily harm in Fir Road, Thetford on December 4.
Bail was not granted.
Mr Beacham suffered serious head injuries in the incident which happened shortly after 2am and was treated by paramedics at the scene. He was later transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital where his condition was described as critical.
You may also want to watch:
Officers conducted house to house enquiries and were on the scene into Sunday evening.
O’Leary is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on December 20.
- 1 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 'Small but mighty': Lambing season gets underway at family-run farm
- 10 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease