Man dumped waste under no fly tipping sign
- Credit: Archant
A man has been fined after dumping waste under a no fly tipping sign.
Breckland Council were alerted to the waste after the man was caught on CCTV leaving a broken TV and household waste in Breckland House car park in Thetford.
Camera operators, based in King's Lynn, were able to identify the man's car registration and passed the information on to enforcement officers.
Breckland House car park as been a hot spot for fly tippers with fines being given for dumping in the area throughout 2019.
The culprit accepted a £300 fine. If not paid within 10 working days, the fine will rise to £400.
You may also want to watch:
Gordon Bambridge, executive member for environmental services and public protection at Breckland Council, said: "The material that was dumped could have simply been taken to the local recycling centre for free.
"Instead, this person ignored our fly tipping signage and drove away without a care for the damage he's caused."
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Warning over cold callers offering 'free' loft insulation
- 3 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 4 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 7 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 8 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 9 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 10 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation