Thetford karate club members to compete at world martial arts games in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Students from a Thetford freestyle karate club will be wearing the British colours with pride as they compete at an international martial arts games this weekend.
Dawas karate will be sending five students to the World Martial Arts Games to represent the National Martial Arts Committee at Norwich Sportspark on Saturday and Sunday.
William Pettit, 13, Haaris Khan, 13, Devon Lockwood, 13, Ceejai Marsh, 18, and Louis Croome, nine, all qualified for the games by competing at tournaments throughout last year.
They will take on competitors from around the world, with over 800 expected to take part. A range of martial arts styles will be on show, including karate, kung fu and tae kwon do.
The team is coached by senior instructor Ash Simonds, Dave Pleszko, Nigel Brown and Dan Holmes.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, call Mr Simonds on 07740 795771 or email email@example.com
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 9 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 10 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville